Use the buttons on the Home ribbon tab.
- Open a Mapping Project that defines the Load-Ready files.
- User is prompted to choose a Windows folder.
- This folder is expected to contain the one or many Load-Ready files that are defined by the active MDA Workbench project.
- For example, for a project named MD_VEND, the folder would contain Load-ready files such as MD_VEND01.TXT, MD_VEND02.TXT, etc.
- Program confirms that the Load-Ready files for the active MDA Workbench project exist in the chosen folder.
Load-Ready files are then processed in a background process. A background worker is launched for each Load-Ready file, and the Windows operating system allocates the background worker processes to as many processors are as available on the computer. Benchmark testing indicates that about 20 million validations can be executed in under 10 minutes.
Each file is processed to check its structure as follows:
- Program scans the Load-Ready file to confirm that it meets the structure defined by the active MDA Workbench project.
- Are all of the fields in the project contained in the Load-Ready file (i.e. are any fields missing)?
- Are there extra fields in the Load-Ready file?
- Are the fields in the Load-Ready file in the same order defined by the active MDA Workbench project.
- Does each line of data in the Load-Ready file contain the same number of fields?
- Program executes for each Load-Ready file, row-by-row and field-by-field Validation per the Validation Tests defined in the active Map Project:
- All tables and fields are validated.
- A report is displayed.
- The report grid may be saved to an Excel workbook by right-clicking the grid.