Screen Saver Saver
Yes, you are about to be saved from the misery of the Windows Screen Saver!
What's the problem?
Your company policy requires that the screen saver on your computer be enabled. And your company power policy probably shuts down your computer or puts it to sleep unless you're busy clicking keys at the keyboard. Defeating any of these settings may cause VPN or DirectConnect to stop working. That's part of the "policy" too.
Sure, these sound like sensible policy prescriptions, until you try to run a program or process for an extended period of time. Right in the middle of your hours-long process your computer suddenly goes to sleep. Bam! Cause' that's the policy.
What's the solution?
No surprise ... Screen Saver Saver is the solution!
This handy little application doesn't disable your Windows Screen Saver, it only prevents it from activating. Likewise, it doesn't disable the sleep and power saving settings on your computer, it only prevents them from activating. The result is that your computer will now execute unattended or long-running processes gracefully, without starting the Windows screen saver, without going to sleep, and without shutting down. Yes, you're one step closer to Nirvana :-)
Read on to review the installation steps for this Microsoft ClickOnce application, and take back control of your screen.
Step # 1 - Trust This Web Site
Before installing Screen Saver Saver, this Web site must be added to your list of Trusted Sites. Microsoft Edge cannot be used for this; here are the steps in Internet Explorer:
- Point your Web browser to https://www.MasterDataAficionado.com/
- Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab, and then click the security zone Trusted Sites.
- Click the Sites button. The website https://www.MasterDataAficionado.com should be shown in the Add this website to the zone field.
- Click Add to add this Web site to the list of Trusted Sites.
- If it's checked, then uncheck the Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone check box.
- Also add http://www.MasterDataAficionado.com/ to the list of Trusted Sites.
- Click Close, and then click OK.
Step # 2 - Application Installation
Install Screen Saver Saver
- You must shut down or disable any VPN software before installing Screen Saver Saver!
- You must use Internet Explorer to install Screen Saver Saver. Not surprisingly, Google Chrome (out-of-the-box) doesn't support the installation of Microsoft ClickOnce applications.
- Click the below button to install Screen Saver Saver on your computer. Choose RUN when prompted.
Step # 3 - What might happen ...
If Windows Defender SmartScreen is active on your PC, then you are not immediately prompted to choose RUN when clicking the above button to install Screen Saver Saver on your computer. Instead, follow along with this example.
- After clicking the above button to install Screen Saver Saver on your computer, choose Actions:
- Then click the link for More Options:
- Then choose Run Anyway:
After making the above choices, Screen Saver Saver will be installed on your computer.
MDA Screen Saver Saver Operation
- Screen Saver Saver lives as an icon in your Windows system tray.
- Right-click the icon to open the simple menu.
- Prevent Screen Saver - When checked, this menu option prevents the Windows Screen Saver from activating. It is checked by default whenever the Screen Saver Saver starts.
- Auto Start This App - When checked, Screen Saver Saver will automatically start when you log on to Windows.
- Exit - Click exit to close the Screen Saver Saver application.